Open Source initiatives within organizations face many challenges, such as:
- Educating developers to good open source practices
- Building policies and infrastructure around the open source projects that matters to them
- Ensuring high-quality and frequent releases
- Engaging with developer communities
- Contributing back to other projects effectively
Overall, organizations need some guidance to start and keep advancing in their OSPO Journey.
The community and General Members of this group are committed to working together in order to overcome these challenges. We will be sharing experiences, developing best practices, and working on common tooling. But we can’t do this alone. If you are willing to advance in your open source journey, we welcome you to join the community. Organizations with an established OSPO or similar open source initiative, can also support TODO becoming General Members.