The TODO Group, together with Linux Foundation Research and The New Stack, is conducting a survey as part of a research project on the prevalence and outcomes of open source programs among different organizations across the globe.
OSPOs help set open source strategies and improve an organization’s software development practices. Since 2018, the TODO Group has conducted surveys to assess the state of open source programs across the industry. Today, we are pleased to announce the launch of the 2021 edition featuring additional questions to add value to the community.
The survey will generate insights into the following areas, including:
- The extent of adoption of open source programs and initiatives
- Concerns around the hiring of open source developers
- Perceived benefits and challenges of open source programs
- The impact of open source on organizational strategy
Also for the first time this year, we are offering the survey in Chinese and Japanese.
- Take Survey (EN): https://linuxfoundation.surveymonkey.com/r/OSPO21
- Take Survey (調査): https://linuxfoundation.surveymonkey.com/r/OSPO21?lang=ja
- Take Survey (民意调查): https://linuxfoundation.surveymonkey.com/r/OSPO21?lang=zh
We will summarize the survey data and share the findings during OSPOCon 2021. The summary report will be published and shared with previous survey results: https://github.com/todogroup/survey
Finally, thank you for improving the state of OSPOs by participating in the survey. If you’re interested in starting an open source program or collaborating with your peers in open source program management, please consider joining the TODO Group!