The TODO Group, together with Linux Foundation Research, is conducting a survey as part of a research project on the prevalence and outcomes of open source programs among different organizations across the globe.
Open source program offices (OSPOs) help set open source strategies and improve an organization’s software development practices. Since 2018, the TODO Group has conducted surveys to assess the state of open source programs across the industry. Today, we are pleased to announce the launch of the 2022 edition featuring additional questions to add value to the community. The survey will generate insights into the following areas, including:
- The extent of adoption of open source programs and initiatives
- Concerns around the hiring of open source developers
- Perceived benefits and challenges of open source programs
- The impact of open source on organizational strategy
The project will be led by Chris Aniszczyk, CTO, CNCF and co-founder, TODO Group, and Hilary Carter, VP Research at the Linux Foundation.
Intellectual Property Rights
The project will be published under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license, and the results will be made freely available to all at the time of publication.
Innovation Partner, includes:
- Early access to the research findings,
- Recognition in the project’s announcement and social media shareables,
- Logo placement on the project cover, and an acknowledgment in the research report.
Transformation Partner, includes all of the above benefits, plus:
- Survey instrument review and an opportunity to suggest an additional question subject to approval by LFR/TODO Group
- Unique survey collector link upon request,
- The opportunity to collaborate on the qualitative interview process,
- Featured quote in two research blog promotions
- The program will begin in June, 2022
- Survey results 2022 OSPOCon Europe; report in Q4 2022
- Deadline to apply: Any time prior to our launch of 2022’s survey.
If you are interested in becoming one of the parters for OSPO survey 2022, please send an email to email@example.com to learn more.