These Open Source Guides are developed by the TODO Group in collaboration with The Linux Foundation and the larger open source community. They collect best practices from the leading companies engaged in open source development, and aim to help your organization successfully implement and run an open source program office. We expect these guides to be living documents that evolve via community contributions.
For guides tailored to individual contributors, we recommend GitHub’s community guides.
Open Source Guides
To build a successful open source program, start here:
- How to Create an Open Source Program
- Measuring Your Open Source Program
- Tools for Managing Your Open Source Program
For open source program management best practices:
- Using Open Source Code
- Participating in Open Source Communities
- Recruiting Open Source Developers
- Starting an Open Source Project
- Open Source Reading List
- Improve Your Open Source Development Impact
- Shutting Down an Open Source Project
- Building Leadership in an Open Source Community
- Setting an Open Source Strategy
Open Source Program Case Studies
If your open source program would like to add a case study, please send a pull request!
All content is licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0.